Tuesday, September 19, 2006

More on Warren Jeffs

I need to apologise to the FLDS. I came off a little strong on the issue with Warren Jeffs in my first post. Here's what I mean as far as his situation goes: If he really has tried to force underage girls to marry against heir will, and if he really has committed the frauds that he is accused of, and if he really has split up families like they say, then he does need to go to jail. But I don't have enough information to judge for sure. Hopefully, the jury in Southern Utah will be given enough information to really make that judgement and they will be guided in righteousness. History is always told by the victors, but I hope that the decisions reached will be fair and right for all involved.
My heart goes out to the people in the FLDS. I would be heartbroken if charges I felt were unfair were leveled against the man I believe to be Prophet, and if I were a mother in that organization, I would be terrified at the possibility of loosing my husband and even my children. Just not knowing must be terrifying for them. They are of stronger faith than many of us could ever hope to be. I only wish there was something I could do to help. But my prayers are with them, and with my community and Prophet as well, that what is right will be done and God will giude us all.

1 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger JLL said...

I'm goig to Conference for sure. What I'm not so sure about is the dance. I'm not sure I can get all of the signatures on my recommend in time, since my schedule is really tight this week. I should be going to stay with some friends in our place South of Bluffdale this weekend, though, so there's lots of time to get together. If you'd like to e-mail me, I can be reached at truemormonism@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home