Friday, September 15, 2006

Tis Better to Have Loved and Lost...

When I was learning to be a counsellor, we learned that bitterness and dissatisfaction with life come from one of two sources: Not having something in life that you thought you deserved, or Loosing something you had that was dear to you. I've lost something that was dear to me recently, and had the opportunity of more taken away. How does someone cope with this? How do you move past that pain? Knowing this: That the very fact that you have loved so much, hoped so much, and tried so hard is what will make the future liveable again.
Nothing lasts forever on this earth, and so loss is a natural part of life here. It is so much better to suffer the pain, than to be a person who never loves, and here's why: One day, those we love will be restored to us. Nothing is forever on this earth, but love is forever in eternity. Those who never suffer from loss on this earth have no love and have an incredibly lonely future ahead of them. And for those of us who suffer now, the difficulties that could not be overcome in this life will all be washed away one day, and all that will remain is love. Remember the promise of Scriptures, "He [the Lord] shall dry every tear from their eyes."

6 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great posts. JLL I'm excited that a young woman can come here and show the beauty of this culture and that it is a free choice, and a free exercise of religious belief and practice that is guarnteed by our sacred Constitution of the United States.!! Good luck and God Bless!!!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger JLL said...

Thank you both for your support!

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is very nice to see this blog on here.
I grew up in the church, seven years ago I found that I just could not ignore the teachings of the early prophets and began to study some things in ernest. I beleived these things in private for a while. I did find others not in any "group" perse' but we are a group none the less. Gods work is being done among us.
The movment so to speek is growing. I see people searching for others on the net and in person. It gives me great joy to see people looking at the teachings and converting. Our faith is based in a religion given directly fron God. Even when it seems the nation, no the world is going down hill fast. These teachings are being heard. People are coming to it. People like you are a part of what makes it easier for others to stand up and ask to be a part.

Good work...
Keep it up.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger JLL said...

Thank you.

 
At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I appologize if I am just missing something on your pages, but can you tell us what group you are refering to? I somehow found this blog and followed the link to truemormonism but I haven't seen the name of your group.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger JLL said...

I'm sorry. I'm sure that everyone's intentions are wonderful, but I am not comfortable revealing what group I am with in this format. Thank you for you rinterest in this blog and in my website, though. If you have any other questions, you can e-mail me at truemormonism@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home