Friday, September 15, 2006

My Life (or whatever it is)

Well, I figured my new readers may need a little more info on me, so here goes, in my typical, no-holds-barred, painfully honest way.
I haven't always been a Mormon Fundamentalist. I haven't even always been a Mormon, or Latter-Day Saint, or whatever you want to call it. I was baptized in the LDS Church when I was 18. Before that I was raised in an Atheist home, but always had a sense of there being more than that. Little did I know where that yearning would lead me. Several years later, I've graduated from college as a Certified Marriage and Family Therapist, I have a great job (not actualy in that field), and I'm a Mormon Fundamentalist. I'm not married, so officially, I'm not a polygamist, but I hope to be one some day.
Here I'll tell you everything. My loves, losses, gains, and the lessons I learn along the way. There will be stories of pain, but mostly of joy, and of growth. I hope to somehow reach the people who see this, not that they will join my religion, but that they will understand me and my people who I love so much. And maybe, one day, the people who see us as enemies will see us as friends.

4 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger JLL said...

I think this is a career that is really helpful in fundamentalism. I will try to find an e-mail adress to get in touch with you, or you can drop it off in another post.

 
At 5:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see this blog! I too came into 'the work when I was 19 and single from 'the church'(lds). I was married 1 year later to the man of my dreams by my own choice. We just celebrated our 13th anniversary, had our 6th beatiful child, and welcomed wife #3. I pray that this blog will soften the hearts of those who read it.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger JLL said...

Thank you. I'm so happy that you've found a family that makes you so happy. It makes me happy, too.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Trying to be a price above rubies said...

I just wanted to say I have enjoyed reading your posts. I too was a convert of the LDS church. I gained a testimony of CM about 5 yrs ago. We have yet to be blessed with a sisterwife but I am hoping someday we will be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home